Anti-theft protection for copper cables, manholes and cable trays
LiteCOPPER is a specific solution for the protection of copper cables, both in underground ducts and in cable trays.
This anti-theft system is composed of 3 elements:
- LiteCOPPER: an optical analyser that sends a light signal and analyses the flow of light it receives.
- LiteWIRE: the cable in plastic optical fiber which transmits the light signal. For installations in underground ducts, the fiber is protected with a double steel armouring with an anti-rodent function.
- Fast bolt, either for standard or armoured cable. Once it has been attached to the lid of the manhole or to the cover of the cable tray, this bolt transforms the opening of the lid (and the consequent flexion of the cable) into a light variation, so that the analyser LiteCOPPER can trigger an alarm as soon as the lid is opened.
A user-friendly, built-in Power Meter helps the installer check if the fiber has been placed correctly thoughout the installation.
Advantages for this alarm for copper cables
- Alarm already when the manhole lid or cable tray cover are opened, allowing prompt intervention
- Both cables and manholes/cable trays are secured
- Easy and quick to install
- No maintenance required after installation.
- Can be installed at any time, even when the system is active
- Cables and manholes fully maintainable
- Immune to any electromagnetic noises generated by the protected wires