The perimeter intrusion detection system for flexible fences is composed of 3 elements:
- LiteFENCE: an optical analyser that sends a light signal and analyses the flow of light it receives.
- LiteWIRE: the cable in plastic optical fiber (with anti-UV filters) which transmits the light signal
- Tensioning bolts: opto-mechanic accessories which transform the flexion of the cable into a variation of light signal
A user-friendly, built-in Power Meter helps the installer check if the fiber has been placed correctly thoughout the installation.
When an attempt of climbing over/lifting the fence causes flections of the fiber or interrupts it, the optical analyser LiteFENCE detects the variations of the light signal and triggers an alarm. After that, if the fiber has remained intact, the system re-sets automatically, adapting to the (new) position.
Wind and vibrations caused by weather conditions and moving vehicles do not cause the fence to bend and so they do not trigger any alarms. For this reason, the installation of the perimeter protection system is simple, free of false alarms and does not require the learning of any software program.
In case of a 1.8m high fence:
- 1 fiber to detect breaking through and, depending on the fence, attempts to climb over;
- 2 fibers to detect climbing over and lifting ;
- 3 fibers to detect climbing over and lifting on 2m high fences;
- 4 fibers to create an anti-breach barrier, which is difficult to overcome even in case the fence is cut